A form of igneous rock composed mainly of quartz, mica and feldspar. It is very dense (≈150-190pounds/ft3 ) constituting its high compressional strength, high abrasion resistance and thus translating to the strongest countertop material available
- Very impossible to scratch.
- Accepts hot pots and pans right from your stove without any trace of scorching.
- Will not stain under normal everyday use.
- Does not have pores therefore it does not harbor any bacteria.
- Relatively inert and will not be corroded by substances such as nitric acid, wine or coffee Once polished, granite will give a finish that is elegantly beautiful and breathtaking.